Impacts of alternative grassland management regimes on the population ecology of grassland birds

K-REx Repository

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.author Sandercock, Brett K. en_US
dc.contributor.author Winder, Virginia L. en_US
dc.contributor.author Erickson, Amy E. en_US
dc.contributor.author McNew, Lance B. en_US
dc.date.accessioned 2016-02-01T22:44:06Z
dc.date.available 2016-02-01T22:44:06Z
dc.identifier.uri http://hdl.handle.net/2097/27655
dc.description We investigated the impacts of rangeland management practices on the diversity, density, and nest survival of grassland songbirds and on the demography, habitat selection, and population viability of Greater Prairie-Chickens (Tympanuchus cupido). Our study site was located in eastcentral Kansas and included portions of Chase, Greenwood, Lyon, and Morris Counties. We had access to ~1,100 km2 of private and public lands. Over 95% of the land was privately owned (~1040 km2), and the remaining ~5% was the Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve. Our final project report is based on data collected during a 3-year period from Feb. 2011 through Feb. 2014. Our study focused on grassland songbirds and Greater Prairie-Chickens as indicators of ecosystem response. Our analyses are based on direct comparisons between monitoring efforts in pastures managed with patch-burn grazing (PBG) and pastures managed with traditional intensive early stocking and annual burning (IESB). en_US
dc.description Citation: Sandercock, B.K., V.L. Winder, A.E. Erickson, and L.B. McNew. 2014. Impacts of alternative grassland management regimes on the population ecology of grassland birds. Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism, Final Project Report for Award No. KDWP-W-67-R. (technical report). en_US
dc.publisher Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism en_US
dc.relation KDWPT, KDWP-W-67-R en_US
dc.title Impacts of alternative grassland management regimes on the population ecology of grassland birds en_US
dc.type Text en_US
dc.date.published 2014 en_US
dc.contributor.authoreid bsanderc en_US


Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search K-REx


Advanced Search

Browse

My Account

Statistics








Center for the

Advancement of Digital

Scholarship

cads@k-state.edu